I am now an undergraduate student in Electrical Engineering at National Taiwan University. My research interest broadly covers the deep learning technique for natural language processing and speech processing. In particular, I aim to utilize the ability of machines to help people grasp large information in text/audio form in efficient ways. Towards this goal, I joined Speech Processing Lab supervised by Hung-Yi Lee and Machine Intelligence Understanding Lab supervised by Yun-Nung (Vivian) Chen. I received the NTU Presidential Award for top 5% students four times in 2018-2020, Irving T. Ho Memorial Scholarship in 2018 and 2019. Here is my Curriculum Vitae.
I will share some notes or articles during my study in my blog. Thanks for reading and taking the time to comment :)
$^\dagger$ indicates equal contribution.
| Lifelong Language Knowledge Distillation|
Yung-Sung Chuang, Shang-Yu Su, Yun-Nung Chen.
Accepted by EMNLP 2020 conference; arXiv Preprint https://arxiv.org/abs/2010.02123
| Dual Inference for Improving Language Understanding and Generation|
Yung-Sung Chuang†, Shang-Yu Su†, Yun-Nung Chen.
Accepted by Findings of EMNLP 2020; arXiv Preprint https://arxiv.org/abs/2010.04246
| A Study of Cross-Lingual Ability and Language-specific Information in Multilingual BERT|
Chi-Liang Liu†, Tsung-Yuan Hsu†, Yung-Sung Chuang†, Hung-Yi Lee.
Accepted by RepL4NLP at ACL 2020; arXiv Preprint https://arxiv.org/abs/2004.09205
| SpeechBERT: An Audio-and-text Jointly Learned Language Model for End-to-end Spoken Question Answering|
Yung-Sung Chuang, Chi-Liang Liu, Hung-Yi Lee, Lin-shan Lee.
Accepted by Interspeech 2020; arXiv Preprint https://arxiv.org/abs/1910.11559
This work won Interspeech 2020 Travel Grant.
|Towards Understanding of Medical Randomized Controlled Trials by Conclusion Generation |
Alexander Te-Wei Shieh†, Yung-Sung Chuang†, Shang-Yu Su, Yun-Nung Chen.
In Proceedings of the 10th International Workshop on Health Text Mining and Information Analysis at EMNLP (LOUHI 2019)
Short Talks (in Mandarin)
Virtual Conference Videos (in English)
[INTERSPEECH 2020] SpeechBERT: An Audio-and-text Jointly Learned Language Model for End-to-end Spoken Question Answering
Teaching Assistant, Deep Learning for Human Language Processing, 2020 Spring (Prof, Hung-Yi Lee)
Current Research Topics
- Natural Language Genration: Text Style Transfer (GAN-based)/(Delete-Insert-based), Conclusion Generation for Medical RCTs
- Cross-Modal Language Representations for Text and Speech: in unsupervised setting / in supervised settings to solve Spoken Question Answering
- Non-autoregressive model for Speech-to-Text Translation (in progress)
- Knowledge Distillation & Lifelong learning (in progress)
| Speech Recognition for Impaired Speaker|
Yung-Sung Chuang, Tsai-Lun Yang, Che-Ruei Hsu, Liang-Yuan Wu.
Final Project in Introduction to Biomedical Engineering 2020 Spring
Reducing WER from 80% to 20% for patient voice via personalized adaptation (in Mandarin).
| DPP: Decentralized Publishing Platform|
Yung-Sung Chuang, Chung-Hao Chao, Siang-Ruei Wu.
Final Project in Networking and Multinmedia Lab 2020 Spring
A Decentralized Publishing Platform created with Blockchain and Etheruem smart contract.
| Single-Cycle MIPS Processor Implementation in Verilog|
Yung-Sung Chuang, Ren-Chu Wang.
Final Project in Computer Architecture 2019 Fall
Ranking 2nd place out of 44 groups by A*T value (Area x Clock Time)
| Rectilinear Polygon Operations for Physical Design|
Siang-Ruei Wu, Yung-Sung Chuang.
Final Project in Algorithms 2019 Spring
ICCAD 2019 CAD Contest - Problem E (competition website)
| Multi-Source Unsupervised Domain Adaptation Challenge|
Yung-Sung Chuang, Chen-Yi Lan, Hung-Ting Chen, Chang-Le Liu.
Final Project in Deep Learning for Computer Vision 2019 Spring
| Transformer-based CycleGAN Text Style Transfer|
Research Project in 2018 Fall
| Robust Chinese Word Segmentation with Contextualized Word Representations|
ArXiv Link: https://arxiv.org/abs/1901.05816
Pypi Link: https://pypi.org/project/pywordseg/
Final project in Digital Signal Processing 2018 Fall
| BiLSTM Collocation Parser|
Intern work in Acadamia Sinica, 2018 Fall
| Chinese Multi Turn Response Selection|
Yung-Sung Chuang, Hsing-Chien Wang, Yi-Ting Hsieh.
Final Project in Machine Learning 2018 Spring
| Big Two Game Environment and Agent in C++|
Yung-Sung Chuang, Hsin Cheng.
Final Project in Computer Programming 2017 Fall
- Dean’s list (4 times), Electrical Engineering Dept. at NTU, Spring ’18, Spring ’19, Fall ’19, Spring ’20
- Irving T. Ho Memorial Scholarship (2 times), EECS at NTU, Fall ’18, Fall ’19
- Travel Grant, INTERSPEECH 2020 conference, Sep. 2020
- Appier Best Application Award, 2020 NTU CSIE Undergrad Special Research Exhibition, Jun. 2020
- 2nd Place & Appier 1st Award, 2019 NTU CSIE Undergrad Special Research Exhibition, Jun. 2019
- 2nd Place, 2019 NTUEE Undergraduate Innovation Award, Jun. 2019
- 1st Place, 2018 H. Spectrum Demo Day (out of 21 teams), Jul. 2018
- 1st Place, NCTS Health Hackathon 2018 (out of 18 teams), Jun. 2018
- Top 8 Finalist, Microsoft Imagine Cup Taiwan National Final 2018, Apr. 2018
- Best Tech Award & Microsoft Enterprise Award, MakeNTU 2018 (out of 50 teams), Mar. 2018
- 1st place of Dept. of Transportation, HackNTU 2017 (out of 100+ teams), Jul. 2017
NCTS Health Hackathon 2018
- A hackathon on organized byNational Center for Theoretical Sciences and Mount Sinai Health System, New York.
- Proposed an improved system for doctors shifting in hospital — PRO (Patient Relay Optimizer) to help doctors grasp all infoabout patients, status, tasks at a glance, reducing the risk of information shifting incompletely.
- Won the 1st place of 2018 H. Spectrum Demo Day (out of 21 teams) [News]
Best Tech Award with NT$50,000 & Microsoft Enterprise Award (out of 50 teams) [Photo]
- A hackathon focus on the combination of hardware and software, organized by NTU
- Built an automatic machine for picking good coffee beans with deep learning technique.
- Placed intop 8in the finalist of Microsoft Imagine Cup Taiwan National Final 2018.
1st Place of Department of Transportation with NT$50,000 (out of 100+ teams) [Photo]
- Built asmart bus bell system for solving the problems of getting on the right bus in the huge and busy city.
- Exhibited on WCIT 2017 (World Congresson Information Technology).